We are excited to inform you of our new procedures, aimed at minimising risks, and increasing safety for students and staff.
- Before the appointment, we ask that the room in which we will be carrying out the assessment is as clear of personal items as possible, to make sure our assessor has less chance of contact with any of your personal belongings.
- We will also ask that a room is chosen where, if possible, we are able to maintain a 2-metre distance. We will survey the room before unloading any equipment not only for covid related issues but other health and safety risks such as trailing wires and access issues.
- Please remember to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, or hand sanitise before the appointment.
- Also, any non-essential people are asked to vacate the room, and the room is suitably ventilated (open a window or door to the outside)
- We will contact you when we are outside if you could please open the door and make sure there is a clear path to the “assessment room.”
At this point, we will bring the required equipment to be assessed (including chairs) into your residence, whilst maintaining social distance.
- Our assessor will be in PPE (mask, apron, and gloves), we request that if possible, you are too. (We have disposable gloves and masks which we can provide if needed).
- The chairs will have seat covers which the assessor will swap between chairs during the assessment.
- We will demonstrate the chairs and other equipment from a social distance (2 metres where possible, if not possible 1 metre +), and will have ample time to trial the equipment.
- During the assessment, the assessor will be filling in notes as to what equipment you require, and brief explanations why.
- Once the assessment is complete, we will reload the equipment into our van, sanitise everything which was taken into the home thoroughly, and dispose of any PPE we have used. Please be advised that we are unable to dispose of the PPE which is used personally.
Hopefully, with the above measures in place, both yours, ours, and any other customers we visit’s safety and health are maintained. However, as I’m sure you are aware, we cannot guarantee that no transmission will take place for the same reason that you cannot guarantee this. Still, together, socially distancing, and using PPE, etc., we can minimise the likelihood of this.
If you have any questions about our procedures, or our ergonomic assessment processes then please feel free to get in touch our Lead Ergonomics Assessor, Chris on 07919251018.